Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Pin It

Dawn French reveals weight loss secrets



You'd expect that losing an astonishing 7 and a half stone would be a load off Dawn French’s mind as well as her body.
Yet the 55-year-old star has confessed she is not entirely happy about her slimline shape.
Miss French, who was 19st before she cut out chocolate and carbohydrates, pointed out that losing  her 'lovely blubber' made it difficult to swim in the sea because it is too cold.
And in a frank interview, she added: ‘I had great fondness for that other body. I knew it very well and I don’t know this one as well, not yet.

'I was never actually unhappy then so it’s not the case that I was miserable and I’m happy now.'
Miss French, who appears with Alfred Molina in the BBC sitcom Roger And Val Have Just Got In, added: ‘When we filmed the series, I’d lost about 4st but I’ve lost 7st 7lb now. 
'I don’t want to lose much more but it’s funny looking at Roger & Val – because I look so different now.’



The actress strongly denies that her weight loss was the result of a gastric band plus the stress of her divorce from Lenny Henry. 
She said: 'I don’t eat bread, potatoes or pasta now.
'I don’t have chocolate in my house. That is really hard.'
Miss French's declarations are a far cry from her previous mentality that she was happy with her figure because she was suffering from 'body blindness'.
She said during an interview in 2009: 'I can honestly say that it doesn't bother me, though I do worry that I'll get so comfortably fat that I won't be able to walk any more.
'Sometimes I'll get out of bed and think, "Oooh, I need to do some exercise" - but that's probably about once a year, if that.
'I think the medical term for my condition is called "body blindness".
'I may ultimately regret not looking after myself more, and plenty of people would line up to tell me that, but it doesn't concern me.'


{source : dailymail}

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Hot Sonakshi Sinha, Car Price in India